Who We Are
Love Jesus, Love each other, and Love our world.
We’ve elaborated below to explain just what this statement means for us.
If you’d like a even more in-depth explanation of our doctrinal beliefs, you may want to read The Baptist Faith and Message.
- We believe that God is the Creator of all that exists, and that He Himself has existed eternally in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God created us to worship Him and give Him glory.
- We believe that sin has kept us from knowing God and worshipping Him, but that Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sin and was physically resurrected, and now offers a restored relationship with God to all who believe in Him.
- We believe that salvation is a free gift given at God’s initiative, and must be received personally by faith.
- We believe the Bible to be God’s Word, a true and fully accurate account of God’s love for us. Its purpose is to teach us how to have a relationship with Him, worship Him and bring Him glory.
love each other
- We believe that Jesus established His Body on earth in the Church and that the Church is a community that exists for the purpose of declaring the Gospel and glory of Jesus throughout the world.
- We believe the church is a family and that every believer should be identified with a local body of believers for the purpose of mutual encouragement, spiritual growth and accountability.
love our world
- We believe that God cares about every need of every person and that the Church, as Christ’s Body is to show His love and care for every person. Every member of the Church is called to be a minister of the Gospel through both acts of loving service and through a willingness to share the truth of the Gospel with everyone at every opportunity.
- We believe that the scope of God’s love is worldwide and this church is committed to taking the gospel to the farthest and most unreached places of the world.